A Personable, Savvy, Analytical Administrator who is looking for that next challenging career move? You may be just the person we are looking for!
We are Savvy Marketing. A small, results-driven, Cape Town-based boutique digital marketing agency, delivering bold creative strategies and personal memorable communication, that really get results for a broad range of long-term clients.
We are looking for a bright, career driven book-keeper and assistant, having likely only recently started in their career, but has managed to excel quickly and is now keen on stretching themselves to that next step up. A professional Administrator, with solid experience (ideally 2 years) in handling financial operational requirements, as well as experience in performing critical day to day office administration tasks – you will assist our awesome team, through the effective management of our daily administrative needs.
In this Office Assistant / Bookkeeper position, you will ensure the team time management and project management programmes are accurately used by team members weekly and feed this data into the financial reporting monthly. You will be required to effectively carry out a range of bookkeeping responsibilities and complete various admin tasks from managing the online filing system to taking meeting minutes. A fast learner can be trained in digital marketing tasks as workload allows.
The ideal person for this position is a book-keeper, with team management admin experience. You will need to balance accuracy and the ability to challenge the status quo, looking for ways of improving the office processes. We want someone who is bright, talented, proactive, highly organised, personable, eager to learn and fun!
We’re small, but we’re going to fly and we want someone to fly with us!
This is a full time, permanent position based in Claremont, Cape Town.
Key Responsibilities of your role:
- Managing budgets, management reporting monthly
- Customer invoicing
- Processing supplier invoices and preparing payment approvals
- Managing internal online filing systems
- Assistance with debtors follow-ups
- Preparing annual returns to trial balance for external accountant
- Tracking team hardware and software requirements and liaising with IT agency
- Basic website content updates with training
- Taking minutes at staff meetings
- Ordering stationery, groceries, office supplies.
- Any other financial administrative or support assistance on request
Qualifications / Education:
- Matric Certificate
- Bookkeeping or financial qualification – certificate, diploma or degree advantageous
Experience and Specialist knowledge / skills you should hold:
- At least 1 year relevant Office Admin experience
- At least 1 year relevant Financial Admin experience (unless relevant qualification)
- Experience using Xero or similar tools would be advantageous
- Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Sound business and financial acumen
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and financial capability
- Excellent written and spoken English
- IT savvy with the ability to easily pick up financial / business software applications
- Proven ability to multitask and work under pressure
Competencies / Personality requirements that describe you:
- Fast, analytical thinker
- Proactive and solutions focused, uses initiative
- Personable with a friendly approach
- Organised on behalf of self and others
- Driven by learning and personal career growth
- A passion for digital marketing and online knowledge (Advantageous)
- Team orientated
Benefits of joining Savvy Marketing:
- Gain valuable marketing experience in a wide range of client types.
- Conveniently located – based in Claremont, we are close to Cavendish shopping center, the train station, Dean Street and several ATM’s.
- Free pilates lessons on Fridays.
- Comfortable dress code and work environment.
Applications close: 1 September 2019
Preferred start date: September 2019 (negotiable)